Author Topic: New forums to discuss Intellectual Property issues  (Read 51 times)

Offline hy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Expertises:
  • Linux Network Administration
  • PHP, MySQL
  • Mono/C# I am miserable at it, but I do it anyway. :)
New forums to discuss Intellectual Property issues
« on: December 28, 2017, 10:00:42 AM »
I have added some new forums "Get Right with Cthulu"   Cthulu is a fictional evil god that is a destroyer of worlds.   He is coming.

In case you are not aware.   LOTS of places are being shut down because of copyright violations, largely targeting the "Athena" mesh avatars that are vastly popular, and are ripped illegally from Secondlife.     I will refrain from telling you "I told you so". 

These closed websites and grids are causing huge problems on our grid, because when OpenSim goes to lookup the creatorID information, OpenSim locks up and causes regions to be overwhelmed and crash.  I strongly suspect that this is happening everywhere, not just here.     I am handling the problem in a very temporary way, but a long term solution is needed.     If the other grids are being shut down for this, we are not far behind.     The people responsible will come after us eventually, so it is best to be prepared.   It is horrifying to me that after all this hard work, we could be shut down some day if we are not careful.

I put up these forums to discuss, and help clarify what content is safe and good, and which may cause us big problems in the future.

You are all my friends, and my family.   I do NOT want to be a meanie, and take away your toys.      I am willing to work VERY HARD to help you keep your stuff, and be safe and happy here.       We will work to find what is good and safe to use.    Research which copyright claims are VALID, and which are not.    AND...  if we do find items that you really like, but are not legal or safe to use.   We will take time to help find, or build from scratch, a suitable or BETTER replacement.       It is a lot of work, and is a pain.    BUT in the long run, we will be a stonger, PROUDER grid that can stand tall on our own, and no one can call us thieves!

So in the coming months.   I am hoping we can work together to make this a strong grid, be around for a long time, and a real asset to the OpenSim community.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:04:28 AM by hy »